To succeed in the Transformation of an Enterprise requires a wide range of skills with which to underpin the multiple facets of such a Transformation: Strategy, Marketing, Governance, Process Modeling, Organization, IT, Change management, Project management, Business Plan, Financial Model.
These disciplines are generally taught independently of each other: even if certain study programs group many of them together, they are nonetheless but an addition of independent trainings.
The specialization of concepts, language and methods leads to difficulties of comprehension and communication between professions. One of the most well known examples of this is the antagonism between those who specify the business needs and the IT people who must translate such needs into software.
We reckon that the use of a single language shared by all disciplines would have several advantages.
• It would considerably facilitate cooperation between the various parties involved in each Project.
• It would enable each one to better understand and assimilate the related disciplines and thus broaden its scope of Action: this is more fulfilling for each Actor and more efficient for the Project which suffers from the multiplication of Actors.
• Coherence would help to establish connections between the various contributions, to implement an overall simplification, to allow a multidisciplinary approach, and to make the whole more easily digestible for teaching and application purposes.
• It would enable the establishment of courses of study for which one could choose the best teachers or researchers for each discipline, as long as they agree to reuse the language of Transformation: it would no longer be up to the student to seek out the correspondence between disciplines, but up to the teacher to adapt the form of what he or she is teaching, without changing its essential content.
• It would enable us to present a Global Approach to Enterprise Transformation henceforth rid of technical jargon, so as to make it more accessible to the Businesses.
Most of the concepts developped on this website are further developped in our white papers. You can download any white paper freely. Please do not re-use without explicit permission.